In response to your feedback please see below our bulleted response to your individual questions, you are more than welcome us directly by email to request a call back. I will be in the office on Friday and will be happy to call you if you require any further support.
• Pump is not as strong as the ones in the hospital... We can confirm that the pumps in our rental fleet are exactly the same as the ones used in hospitals and that both the hospital Symphony PLUS and our rental pumps are both subject to the same rigorous testing and servicing
• They leak They are massively overpriced.... It is our understanding that you have experienced difficulties with the connectors leaking, for which we have apologised, and also arranged for replacements to be despatched free of charge in order to resolve. There are so many variables in how customers use, clean and sterilise these items that from time to time they may experience difficulties and as a company we try to support our customers with advice and will replace if required.
• Can get an equivalent/better hospital grade pump for £10+ cheaper elsewear, eg anawiz... Perhaps, that is your individual choice as every pump is different. I note you are still hiring the Symphony from us at present, if you need to contact us directly to discuss please email [email protected]
and we can respond to your query
• Staff unwilling to help resolve problems... We can see that on the two occasions you contacted us by email you were responded to quickly and within the period advised
• Phone lines never open.... Support is provided via the telephone 0161 776 0400, email [email protected]
or via our online web contact page. Due to the current UK Government Safe Working Guidelines re: Coronavirus COVID-19, Medela UK Customer Services office hours are now 9:00am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday. Customers are advised, at all contact points to contact us via email [email protected]
if they are unable to reach us by telephone due to high call volumes.
• No trial period... In line with our Terms and Conditions of hire, all contracts are subject to a 14 day trial period at £47 inclusive of the purchase of breastpump kit, delivery and return costs
• The minimum you pay just to be able to try this pump could pay for you to outright buy a fairly decent breast pump (non hospital grade).... A matter of choice and totally dependent on how frequently you may need to pump